The Science of Doctor Who
Thursday 14th of November 2013
9pm – 10pm
For one night only, Professor Brian Cox explores the universe of the world’s favourite Timelord, Doctor Who.
Brian takes an audience, with the help of celebrity guests, on a journey into the wonderful universe of The Doctor, in a specially recorded programme from the lecture theatre of the Royal Institution of Great Britain.
Brian reveals the science behind the spectacle and explains the physics that allows Doctor Who to travel through space and time. Fun, but filled with real science, it’s a special night for Who fans as well anyone with a thirst for understanding.
Brian is in the unique position of knowing The Doctor’s universe inside out as well as the reality behind the drama. When the TARDIS travels through time and space, Brian understands the physics involved. And when it comes to life on other planets, Brian knows the real science that could prove extra-terrestrial life might just really exist in our galaxy.
- Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Title Announced (theconsultingdetectivesblog.com)
- Dr. Who 50th Anniversary Trailer is a Trip Down Memory Lane (contactmusic.com)
- ‘Doctor Who’ 50th Anniversary Special: New Promos and Trailer Description Emerge (sublimezoo.com)
- The ‘Day of the Doctor’ is nearly upon us! (tellyspotting.org)
- Doctor Who: How will BBC mark the 50th anniversary? (theweek.co.uk)
- BBC recovers early Doctor Who episodes (theguardian.com)
- Poster for THE DAY OF THE DOCTOR (haveageekasm.com)
- Doctor Who 50th Celebrations: Update (musingsofamildmanneredman.com)
- Building a time machine “is possible” claims Professor Brian Cox (newsfromthematrix.wordpress.com)
- BBC Announces, And Then Doesn’t, 50th Anniversary DOCTOR WHO Programming!! (aintitcool.com)
Pingback: The Science of Doctor Who Trailer | The Consulting Detective·
Pingback: BBC Two and BBC Four announce raft of new science commissions | The Consulting Detective·