A special Doctor Who edition of BBC quiz Pointless is to air later this month.
The quiz one-off will be broadcast on Saturday, March 23 at 6pm on BBC One – one week before Doctor Who returns to our screens.
Famous faces from Doctor Who putting their obscure knowledge to the test include Sylvester McCoy (the Seventh Doctor) with Sophie Aldred (his assistant Ace) and Bernard Cribbins (Wilfred Mott) paired with Jacqueline King (Sylvia Noble).
They will face Nicola Bryant (Peri) playing with Andrew Hayden-Smith (Jake Simmons) and Louise Jameson (Leela) alongside Frazer Hines (Jamie McCrimmon in the 1960s).
Alexander Armstrong will host, with co-presenter Richard Osman receiving some robotic assistance in the form of the Doctor’s loyal robot dog K9.
Eight new Doctor Who episodes will air on Saturday nights from March 30, with a number of additional projects also being planned to celebrate the show’s 50th anniversary later in 2013.
- Doctor Who Edition of Pointless? (theconsultingdetectivesblog.com)
- Interview with Terry Molloy (Actor, Doctor Who, The Scarifyers, The Archers and PROBE) (theconsultingdetectivesblog.com)
- Cribbins criticises children’s TV (bbc.co.uk)
- Cribbins to star in CBeebies show (bbc.co.uk)
- Doctor Who: The Seeds of Death Review (theconsultingdetectivesblog.com)
- Doctor Who: The Doctors Revisited – The Second Doctor on BBC America (scifiandtvtalk.typepad.com)
- Doctor Who: The Nameless City review (musingsofamildmanneredman.com)