It’s a time-travelling episode of Celebrity Antiques Road Trip as the sixth Doctor Who Colin Baker pairs up with Blue Peter stalwart Peter Purves who played the first Doctor’s assistant. The two will be exploring the outer reaches of Herefordshire and Worcestershire in the TARDIS, cunningly disguised as a 1970 Morris Minor, joined by experts Will Axon and James Braxton, who will help them navigate the antiques universe. They’re armed with £400 to buy antiques that will make profit at auction, and on the way, Colin once again comes face to face with his nemeses The Daleks.
The show premiers tonight on BBC 2 starting at 7:00pm.
- The Sixth Doctor: A Technicolor and Controversial Dream (popwrapped.wordpress.com)
- Take A Trip Back To Antiquity With Thursday’s Bing Home Page Image Of Hieropolis (myveda.wordpress.com)
- A Look At How Dreadful Our TV Is At The Moment (fordingtonfield.wordpress.com)
- Doctor Who Preview (fplstudio300.wordpress.com)
- Doctor Who Stars to Appear at Collectormania in Milton Keynes (doctorwhoarchive.com)
- The Science of Doctor Who Trailer (theconsultingdetectivesblog.com)
- Morris Minor: still big in Sri Lanka (telegraph.co.uk)
- Classic Doctor Who: The Sixth Doctor’s Essential Episodes (tor.com)
- An American Writer on Gallifrey (ireport.cnn.com)
- ABC to simulcast Doctor Who 50th anniversary special (mumbrella.com.au)