The action packed series brings to life the vast store of Greek myths and legends re-imagined for a new generation.
When Jason sets out to find his father, he could never have anticipated where his journey would lead…
Far from home and desperate for answers, Jason washes up on the shores of an ancient land. A mysterious place; a world of bull leaping, of snake haired Goddesses and palaces so vast it was said they were built by giants – this is the city of Atlantis.
But under the surface of this enticing place is a dark and simmering past, a complicated web of treachery and deceit, with which Jason himself seems inexplicably bound. He soon finds himself embroiled in a perilous game of politics and power from which there is no escape.
Aided by the studious young Pythagoras and the overweight, overbearing Hercules, Jason embarks on a voyage of discovery and salvation which sees him brush shoulders with Medusa, come face to face with the Minotaur and even do battle with the dead.
As the series’ progress, this unlikely but engaging trio will take us on a journey through the vast store of Greek myths and legends, which provide the bedrock of western literature. A treasure trove of extraordinary tales re-imagined in a thrilling and unexpected way for a new generation.
Atlantis was created by Julian Murphy (Merlin, Hex, Sugar Rush), Johnny Capps (Merlin, Hex, Sugar Rush) and BAFTA award winning Howard Overman (Merlin, Misfits, Dirk Gently). BBC Executive producer is Bethan Jones.
- Another Week, Another Atlantis Mention (bbcatlantisfans.wordpress.com)
- ‘Atlantis’: First trailer for BBC’s new Saturday night series – watch (alternativenewsalert.com)
- ‘Atlantis’: First trailer for BBC’s new Saturday night series – watch (digitalspy.co.uk)
- A SWOT Analysis for BBC’s Atlantis (geeksyndicate.co.uk)
- ‘Atlantis’: First poster for BBC’s new ‘Merlin’ replacement (digitalspy.co.uk)
- Atlantis: Trailer Breakdown (musingsofamildmanneredman.com)
- Atlantis Mention in Empire Magazine (bbcatlantisfans.wordpress.com)
- BBC’s Atlantis Greek Myth TV (eu.greekreporter.com)
- Europa Report (scifitalk.com)
- BBC’s Atlantis Poised to Be the Next Hercules: The Legendary Journeys? (tor.com)