The information below is taken from the Big Finish website:
In November 2013, Big Finish will be releasing Doctor Who: The Light at the End, a very special 100-minute story to celebrate the fiftieth anniversary of Doctor Who. Tom Baker (1975-81), Peter Davison (1982-84), Colin Baker (1984-86), Sylvester McCoy (1987-89) and Paul McGann (1996) will all reprise their roles as, respectively, the Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Seventh and Eighth Doctors, whose paths suddenly intersect when they face imminent destruction.
“We wanted to do a proper, fully-fledged multi-Doctor story for this very special occasion,” says writer, director and executive producer Nicholas Briggs, “and it’s wonderful that all the surviving Doctors threw themselves behind the project so enthusiastically. That’s not to say the first three Doctors don’t appear – we wanted to pay homage to the whole history of the classic series.”
The Doctors will also be joined by a number of their regular companions: Louise Jameson reprises the role of the savage Leela, Sarah Sutton plays the scientist Nyssa, Nicola Bryant is American botany student Peri, Sophie Aldred is streetwise kid Ace and India Fisher returns as Edwardian adventurer Charley Pollard.
“And that’s not all,” says producer David Richardson, “because Geoffrey Beevers is back to create mayhem as the Master, and there will be a number of appearances from some much-cherished old friends from the TV series…”
Doctor Who: The Light at the End will be released in two different versions. A five-disc limited special edition comes with two hour-long documentaries, plus The Revenants, a Companion Chronicles tale which began life as a free Doctor Who Magazine download. It’s performed by William Russell, who starred in the very first TV story as Ian Chesterton. The special edition comes in beautiful special packaging, and will include a number of exclusive professionally photographed images of the cast.
The standard edition comprises two discs, featuring the two hour-long episodes of the story
- New Look For Big Finish’s Doctor Who Range (theconsultingdetectivesblog.wordpress.com)
- First Puffin Doctor Who Story Announced (theconsultingdetectivesblog.com)
- Interview with Tom Spilsbury (Editor of Doctor Who Magazine) (theconsultingdetectivesblog.wordpress.com)
- Eoin Colfer writes first Doctor Who Anniversary e-book (comicmix.com)
- Interview with Edward Russell (Account Manager for the Doctor Who Brand) (theconsultingdetectivesblog.wordpress.com)
- Doctor Who to kick off 50th anniversary year with short story series (metro.co.uk)
- Brand New Doctor Who Audio: Hunters of Earth (Part of the Destiny of The Doctor Series) (theconsultingdetectivesblog.wordpress.com)
- The Complete Guide to Every Single Doctor Who Anniversary Special Ever (io9.com)